The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
Tara nominated me for the Liebster Award. This is my first nomination, so thank you so much! Here are the eleven questions she posted for me. I'll be writing my own set of questions along with my nominations at the bottom!
- Where is your happy place?
Presently, our new living room. I can’t begin to describe how awesome it is to stretch on the couch after work and enjoy an hour of Netflix on TV. I keep a knitted blanket and a lot of throw pillows in our living room, so I’m nice and comfy as I chill with a bowl of salad. It’s the simple things, you know?
- If you could be in a fictional setting/world (ie: Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, etcetera) what would it be and why?
I really want to say post-apocalyptic New Vegas, but let’s be real, I would never survive the wasteland for more than a day. I’m gonna have to go with Mineral Town from the Harvest Moon series. It’s an idyllic town with loving people, and I’d love to partake in their festivals!
- What is your all-time favorite film?
Atonement, hands-down. Beautiful cinematography and score.
- Where on earth is Carmen Sandiego?
She’s actually turned her life around and now anonymously designs a high-end line of red trench coats.
- Do you know Pig Latin?
- What book(s) did you enjoy as a child?
SO MANY. I was a heavy reader as a kid. Some titles off the top of my head: Nancy Drew Notebooks, Artemis Fowl, The Chronicles of Narnia, Piratica, The Voyage of Jerle Shannara, The Old Kingdom (BEST EVER). I also read anything by Roald Dahl, Paul Jennings, and Eoin Colfer.
- What are your vices?
Junk food! I love salty snacks and ice cream. I can’t quit. I tell myself I’m being ~healthy~ by having a salad but I end up having some ice cream for dessert. Oops.
- Coffee or tea?
I think I’ll go with coffee, although I do love milk tea.
- Who is your favourite philosopher or inspirational figure and why?
Corrie ten Boom was a huge inspiration to me in high school. I learned a lot about altruism and gratefulness for what I have from her autobiography.
- If you were given the opportunity to go to another galaxy, would you?
You bet your flaming pants I do! I don’t wanna live on this planet anymore.
- What is your favourite classical piece?
Not actually a classical piece, but I love Tour de Japon’s performance of “Draco and Maria” from Final Fantasy VI, my favorite FF ever.
Here are my eleven questions:
- What’s the first thing you check online?
- What’s your all-time favorite album?
- What’s your parents’ go-to embarrassing story of you?
- What’s your dream gadget?
- What do you wear when you’re feeling blah?
- If I wanted to be your friend, how should I do it?
- What would you find in an inconvenience store?
- You have a million dollars to ruin the next Olympics. How are you gonna do it?
- What’s your favorite dad joke?
- What’s your useless talent?
- Really, how are you?
I wanted to tag other people but they had more than 200 followers on Bloglovin. I wish I had their hustle, haha!